During the second half of the XIXth century Téglás Gábor mentions the fortress on Dealul Bolii (Bolia’s Hill). According to the passionate Transylvanian archaeologist, the fortress was severely aflicted by the construction of the railway from Simeria to Petroșani, during 1868-1869. At the time numerous limestone blocks were dislodged from the wall and many of the terraces from the foot of the hill disappeared.
The systematic archaeological research took place only for a short period of time, during 1960-1961. Presently, the extremely difficult access to the historical remains hinders the resuming of the research.